Eco-Friendly Beauty Tips: 99.40% Natural Apothecary by J.R. Watkins
I've just discovered a new line of natural beauty products, 99.40% natural to be exact. J.R. Watkins Natural Apothecary is a 140-year-old company (why am I just finding out about them now?) that creates "authentic, quality all-natural personal care products". Two of the company's gift sets I have tried are the Head To Toe Kit and the On the Go! Kit.
J R WATKINS Head To Toe Kit includes:
- Mango Hand & Body Lotion (1 fl. oz.)
- Aloe & Green Tea Hand & Body Lotion (1 fl. oz.)
- Peppermint Foot Cream (1 fl. oz.)
- Aloe & Green Tea Body Cream (0.70 oz.)
- Lemon Cream Body Cream (0.70 oz.)
- Lavender Hand & Cuticle Salve (0.25 oz.)
- Lemon Hand & Cuticle Salve (0.25 oz.)
- Natural Beeswax Lip Balm (0.14 oz.)
J R WATKINS On the Go! Kit contains:
- Lavender Hand & Body Lotion (1 fl oz/29 mL)
- Lemon Cream Hand & Body Lotion (1 fl oz/29 mL)
- Aloe & Green Tea Hand & Cuticle Salve (.25 oz/7 g)
- Natural Beeswax Lip Balm - stick (.14 oz/4 g)
I really like the J R WATKINS Natural Beeswax Lip Balm. It really moisturizes and lasts on dry, chapped winter lips. This lip balm is very soothing with a slight peppermint essence.
J.R. Watkins is committed to being:
- 95% Natural and above
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Free
- Sodium Laureth Sulfate Free
- Paraben Free
- Phthalate Free
- Mineral Oil, Petrolatum free
- Dye Free
It should be noted, however, that J.R. Watkins Lavender Hand and Body Lotion received a rather high score of eight out of ten on the Environmental Working Group's (EWG) Skin Deep cosmetic database
. Of greatest concern, according to EWG, are the fragrance and methylparaben ingredients. Not all of J.R. Watkins' products have been evaluated by EWG.
Disclosure: I received free sample products in order to complete this review. No guarantees of positive or negative review were given in exchange for the products. This is an authentic review.
Read More in: Beauty | Product review
Share this Article with others:
Came straight to this page? Visit Really Natural for all the latest news.
Posted by Jennifer Lance at October 23, 2009 1:25 AM