Scotties Facial Tissues: "We Plant 3 Trees for Every 1 We Use"
I always am wary when I see mainstream corporations make green claims, but at the same time I commend their efforts. Greenwashing is a marketing trend, and the cynic in me tends to support smaller companies that have always been green, like Seventh Generation, especially when it comes to paper products. Considering Kleenex logged old growth forests to make facial tissues, Scotties is combating this negative action with their own plan to plant three trees for every one they use making their facial tissues.
WHAT MAKES SCOTTIES LIKE NO OTHER?
- Scotties combines a unique brand promise to plant 3 trees for every 1 used with the long-standing history of its parent company, J.D. Irving, Limited.
- Scotties communicates on every box its commitment to plant 3 trees for every 1 used in making its softest ever tissues and uses 3rd party auditing to ensure compliance
- Scotties Softest Ever tissues are chain of custody certified through the Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI). To learn more visit www.sfiprogram.org.
- Scotties is the only major U.S. facial tissue to be linked with the Responsible Forest Project (RFP).
- Scotties has partnered with American Forests to create SCOTTIES RELEAF U.S.A. and TREES ROCK in an effort to promote our urban tree planting initiatives in the United States.
- J.D. Irving has planted over 800 million trees in the last 50 years.
Of course, the greenest way to deal with that runny nose is to use washable Reusable Organic Cotton Handkerchiefs
Disclosure: The products described above were sent to us as free samples. Prior assurances as to the nature of the reviews, whether positive or negative, were not given. No financial payments were accepted in exchange for the reviews. The reviews reflect our honest, authentic opinions.
Read More in: Business | Health | Product review
Share this Article with others:
Came straight to this page? Visit Really Natural for all the latest news.
Posted by Jennifer Lance at January 26, 2012 11:08 AM