Hard Rock Cafe's Imagine There's No Hunger
One of my favorite John Lennon songs growing up was "Imagine". It inspires us to imagine and different world than ours. Imagining is the first step to setting intention and making it reality.
The Hard Rock Cafe partnered with Why Hunger to sell limited edition products to raise money to fight hunger:
For a fifth year artist and musician Yoko Ono Lennon generously lends her support to Hard Rock International and WhyHunger for IMAGINE THERE'S NO HUNGER, a global campaign to combat childhood hunger and poverty through the backing of sustainable agriculture education and feeding programs for children and families in need. Proceeds from Hard Rock's campaign will directly benefit WhyHunger and its grassroots partners worldwide, working to advance long-term solutions to hunger and poverty by supporting community-based organizations that empower individuals and build self-reliance.
We were sent the following products:
- Bracelet* - This red bracelet is embossed with the Hard Rock and WhyHunger logos and #IMAGINENOHUNGER. ($1 or more donation in cafe)
- Men's T-Shirt** - Inspired by John and Yoko's philanthropic vision, this navy cotton tee features a winged rock and roll guitar with "IMAGINE THERE"S NO HUNGER" on the front, and the word "Imagine" with John Lennon's caricature and signature on back. ($26)
- Women's T-Shirt** - Inspired by John and Yoko's philanthropic vision, this burgundy cotton tee features a winged rock and roll guitar with "IMAGINE THERE'S NO HUNGER" on the front, and the word "Imagine" with John Lennon's caricature and signature on back. ($26 exclusively at hardrock.com)
- Bear*** - This grey bear dons a blue and purple satin bow, and features the Hard Rock logo on one paw and John Lennon's iconic caricature on the other. ($18)
- Pin****- This gold base metal pin features a red guitar with "IMAGINE THERE'S NO HUNGER" across purple wings. The pin also features John Lennon's signature and the Hard Rock Cafe logo. ($12 exclusively at hardrock.com)
This Hard Rock campaign was very brief (November 2012-December 2012), and we did not get to the review during this time. These products, other than the men's shirt, appear to be no longer available, but the Why Hunger
campaign continues year round and is the "official charity for Times Square New Year's Eve 2013". You can donate anytime!
disclosure: The products described above were sent to us as free samples. Prior assurances as to the nature of the reviews, whether positive or negative, were not given. No financial payments were accepted in exchange for the reviews. The reviews reflect our honest, authentic opinions.
Read More in: Product review | charity
Share this Article with others:
Came straight to this page? Visit Really Natural for all the latest news.
Posted by Jennifer Lance at January 28, 2013 9:50 AM