Tax Deductible Holiday Gifts: Environmental Working Group Gift Bag
Sometimes it is hard to find the gift for those who have it all, and sometimes it is hard to find a gift that you feel good about. During the holiday season that often equates to overconsumerism, tax deductible donations are a great alternative to traditional gifts, especially one that comes with a great holiday gift bag that also will educate.
The Environmental Working Group (EWG) is an organization I rely on for accurate information about healthful, natural living.
EWG is working overtime to give you the crucial information you need about the toxins that could be lurking in your food, water and personal care products. Our Shopper's Guide to Pesticides in Produce tells you which fruits and vegetables are lowest in pesticide residues. Our Tap Water Database tells you what harmful chemicals are in your water depending on where you live. Our Skin Deep Cosmetics Database helps you make smarter product choices, from shampoo to aftershave, to protect your family from harmful chemical ingredients.
By purchasing a gift bag right now, you'll help EWG meet our 2011 budget goal and ensure that we have the necessary funding to continue our groundbreaking research in 2012. And because a generous donor has agreed to match your donation dollar-for-dollar, you have the extraordinary opportunity to double the impact of your gift.
I know you'll love this year's gift bag because it's full of products that will help you eat better - for your own health and the health of our planet.
Our Eat Green on the Go limited-edition gift bag includes:
All it takes is a tax-deductible donation of $135 and you'll get an incredible gift bag while also helping EWG meet our end-of-year fundraising goal.
- Anna Getty's Easy Green Organic Cookbook to help you cook yummy meals that are good for you and the environment.
- A Klean Kanteen Reflect reusable stainless steel bottle that's 100 percent plastic-free and made with a bamboo cap - a first of its kind!
- A To-Go Ware Snack Stack food carrier that's perfect for packing both hot and cold foods.
- An EcoBags organic cotton canvas lunch sack that's reusable and machine washable.
- A LunchSkins by 3GreenMoms reusable sandwich bag that is dishwasher-safe and free of lead, BPA and phthalates.
- Earthbound Farm's new organic savory snack mix.
- Organic seeds from Seeds of Change.
- EWG's Quick Tips for Safer Cosmetics shopping guide.
- EWG's Shopper's Guide to Pesticides in Produce wallet guide.
- EWG's Meat Eater's Guide to Climate Change + Health wallet guide.
- More than $50 in coupons from great companies like Organic Valley, Amy's Kitchen, Stonyfield and ChicoBag.
Read More in: Gifts | environment
Share this Article with others:
Came straight to this page? Visit Really Natural for all the latest news.
Posted by Jennifer Lance at November 4, 2011 1:01 PM