The Unofficial Lego Technic Builder's Guide
Legos are fascinating, and although you don't need a manual to create interesting things, what you can do with a little help is amazing.
The Unofficial LEGO Technic Builder's Guide by Pawet "Sariel" Kmiec is not endorsed by Lego. It doesn't need to be.
The LEGO® Technic system opens a new realm of building possibilities. Using motors, gears, pneumatics, pulleys, linkages, and more, you can design LEGO models that really move.
The Unofficial LEGO Technic Builder's Guide is filled with building tips for creating strong yet elegant machines and mechanisms with the Technic system. Author Pawel "Sairel" Kmiec will teach you the foundations of LEGO Technic building, from simple machines to advanced mechanics, even explaining how to create realistic to-scale models. Sariel, a world-renowned LEGO Technic expert, offers unique insight into mechanical principles like torque, power translation, and gear ratios, all using Technic bricks. You'll learn how to:
This beautifully illustrated, full-color book will inspire you with ideas for building amazing machines like tanks with suspended treads, supercars, cranes, bulldozers, and much more. Your Technic adventure starts now!
- Create sturdy connections that can withstand serious stress
- Re-create specialized LEGO pieces like casings and u-joints, and build solutions like Schmidt and Oldham couplings, when no standard piece will do
- Build custom differentials, suspensions, transmissions, and steering systems
- Pick the right motor for the job--and transform its properties to suit your needs
- Combine studfull and studless building styles for a stunning look
- Create remote-controlled vehicles, lighting systems, motorized compressors, and pneumatic engines
There are some amazing ideas in this book, although there is nothing eco-friendly or natural about it. Your kids will be inspired and amazed by this book, but they will need your help to accomplish these Lego engineering feats!
disclosure: The products described above were sent to us as free samples. Prior assurances as to the nature of the reviews, whether positive or negative, were not given. No financial payments were accepted in exchange for the reviews. The reviews reflect our honest, authentic opinions.
Read More in: Product review
Share this Article with others:
Came straight to this page? Visit Really Natural for all the latest news.
Posted by Jennifer Lance at February 11, 2013 12:43 AM