Best Ever Banana Muffins
This is a recipe that I have taken from the Central Market cookbook out of Lancaster, PA and altered to make it more healthy. Of course, if you would like your muffins completely Puritan, then eliminate the chocolate chips.
3 large ripe bananas, (can also add in addition to banana 1 cup of grated zucchini to sneak in those veggies)
1 heaping tblsp honey
1 free range, hormone free egg, slightly beaten
1/4 c. flax seeds
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. grounded sea salt
1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour (or oat flour if going gluten/wheat free)
1 tsp. pure vanilla
1/3 cup organic applesauce or 1/3 cup organic butter, melted
1. Mash ripe bananas with fork. Add zucchini, honey, flax seeds and egg. Mix well.
2. Mix dry ingredients together.
3. Blend together vanilla, applesauce or butter, and dry ingredients.
Fold lightly into banana mixture until well mixed.
4. Pour batter into lightly greased muffin tins.
5. Bake at 375 degrees for 18 - 20 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before removing from tins
Read More in: Recipe
Share this Article with others:
Came straight to this page? Visit Really Natural for all the latest news.
Posted by Blogpire Productions at January 19, 2006 1:56 AM